“…giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:20).
The Spirit-filled life is one of continual thanksgiving to our heavenly Father for everything through Jesus Christ our Lord. We have much to give thanks for at this season of our lives.
- Gary was unexpectedly diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer after a routine medical checkup in June. After many tests, he underwent surgery on September 13th. He is doing very well and his doctor has given him clearance to return to Vanuatu. We give thanks!
- We have been able to visit so many friends and speak in many churches this past year of itineration. We are so thankful for the continued support of long-term partners and the new partners who have joined us. We have raised our budget and have been granted clearance by AG World Mission to return to Vanuatu. We give thanks!
- Logistically it has been difficult to be away from Joy Bible Institute (JBI) for 4 school terms. We left without a replacement couple to teach in our place. It was most often at the last minute but we give thanks to Jack Kay and Rudd, Ray and Becki Sparre, Maurice Nicholson and most recently Sam and Lisa Paris, who dropped everything and went to JBI to teach our wonderful students for us. We are so thankful for each one of them!
- We are thankful for pastors Kiel Maimai and Philip Naias, our permanent JBI teaching staff who have faithfully continued to train and mentor young men and women at JBI in our absence.
- We are thankful for Mrs. Shannon Kombe who has been working as our JBI office assistant since February.
- Joy Bible Institute graduation takes place on November 26th. Our 2017 graduates have finished three years of pastoral training and are ready to go to those who haven’t yet heard the Good News.
- We are thankful for you, your prayers, and your partnership in the gospel. Keep us in your prayers.
Gary, Lori, Jeremy and Jasmine Ellison
Assemblies of God Missionaries to Vanuatu
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Joy Bible Institute • P. O. Box 808 • Port Vila, Vanuatu • South Pacific